Thursday 18 September 2014

Diet Mushroom Soup

I have always been a veggie lover, and mushrooms are definitely my favourite. As I have mentioned before, I am not a big cooking lover (well, I mostly hate the cleaning up after it), yet I love eating good, healthy and easy to prepare food. Therefore, I yearn for making amendments on the recipes I stumbled onto in the web by removing fatty ingredients, or even making up my own recipes! 



This soup is such an example. It is very easy to prepare, and there are few other ingredients involved. Moreover, there is no heavy cream neither milk in it, which makes it appropriate for diet or healthy nutrition.



INGREDIENTS
1 kg mushrooms
3 onions, chopped or 5 green onions
2 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup broth
2 tablespoons virgin oil
1/2 glass white dry wine 
1 tablespoon paprika
parsley or thyme
Salt and black pepper, to taste


After you chop the mushrooms in small pieces, sauté them with onion and garlic in olive oil on medium heat until they release their water. Add the flour and stir it well. Then pour the wine and let it until it steams, afterwards add the broth. 


Add paprika, salt and pepper. When it is ready, remove some soup (so as not to be too watery) and with a blender, blend the remained soup. Once that is done, add the reserved soup if that is needed. (-My husband prefers it more creamy so I don't add the reserved soup. Hence, I use it as broth for boiling pasta for the kids.. They love it!). 
Serve with toasted garlic bread and cheese!


Buon appetito! 

8 comments:

  1. Καλησπέρα Γεωργία μου!Οτι πρέπει η σούπα σου τώρα πού ψύχρανε ο καιρός!Εύκολη συνταγή καί σίγουρα πολύ νόστιμη!Θά τήν δοκιμάσω!
    Νά υποθέσω πώς μένεις Γερμανία?Καί τά ξαδέλφια μου μένουν εκεί!
    Καλά να περνάς!Φιλάκια!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very delicious! I like the fact that you added cheese to it. I could eat cheese with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing friend!! I love mushrooms and their health benefits are many so this is a keeper!! Thank you so much for passing it along!!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Μου αρέσουν τόσο πολύ οι μανιταρόσουπες!θα τη δοκιμασω σίγουρα!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this sounds good and with fall coming it is going to be soup weather, gosh now I want some french onion soup.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great post! I love veggies too but hate cooking. This recipe is def on top of my list to try, thanks for sharing babe! Have a lovely Sunday =)

    XO from Malta,
    www.b-biche.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious post!!!
    Have a good week!!!:)))
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete